In May, I shared an ad for Houdini’s Grand Magical Review that shared 6 effects. The above ad from 102 years ago today shares the same 6 effects plus two additional effects, Lady Godiva and DeKolta’s Marvelous Cube.
- Lady Godiva – A lady and pony disappear.
- DeKolta’s Marvelous Cube – A large black die, about eight inches square, with white spots painted on it expands in a fraction of a second to a giant die about a cubic yard.
This appearance at the Empire Theatre in Nottingham was most likely the last time Houdini presented his Grand Magical Review.
- The Repro 71 Harry Houdini Portfolio
- Hiding The Elephant by Jim Steinmeyer
- The Illustrated Houdini Research Diary Part 4: 1911 to 1915 by Frank Koval
- Houdini The British Tours by Derek Tait, 2011